Friday, February 20, 2009

Brother and Sister

First off, I might have a few tendencies inherited from my dad... Last weekend (you'll remember that it was Valentine's day and we were all a little ill) Henry and I decided to build a big castle. I felt compelled to lay out all the blocks before we got started....
I worked on the castle while Henry made a "track" for the cars.
Clara was feeling pretty well. She put on this cute Valentine outfit and bounced in her chair a bit. I have pictures from our Valentine's "dinner" but they're mildly depressing, so I won't post them.
Here's Henry with a drawing he made a few mornings ago. That's Scott and Chloe on the left, and an octopus playing the electric guitar on the bottom.
And here is Henry sharing his colors.
Yesterday Clara got a VERY special package in the mail. It was a birthday present from Aunt Joyce. She loves her new blanket and wanted to cuddle up right away!! Take note of the cowgirl themed back side. This quilt is also special because it shares some pieces with Henry's similar chenille quilt.
Tonight Henry and Clara had their first bath together. They both thought it was hilarious.
And finally...I will post soon about our first visit with the physical therapist this week...but here's a picture of Clara showing off her cute new crawl!!
And then, of course, she pops up and goes right back to scooting. Oh well.
We're supposed to get lots of snow tonight! I already have the chocolate-chip pancakes planned for the morning.

4 comments:

amber c. said...

it does look hilarious! those are cute kids you've got.

Sarah said...

Mmmmm! Chocolate Chip pancakes sound delicious! I'll be there at 8:00. Good job, Clara, on the new crawl!

Anonymous said...

I love Henry's drawing of Scott, Chloe and the Octopus. I find the depiction of Scott's toes(?) especially hilarious!

W.F. Decker said...

Nice architecting with the blocks there Mom. Did you use all 214 of them? You gotta love the guitar-playing octopus--talk about laying down riffs! Can anyone have prettier eyes than Clara? I don't think so, except maybe her Mom.