Saturday, December 19, 2009

Our Week

Here are some images from the past several days....
Clara helped me do some baking last weekend. We're doing more today...
This is from my first batch of peppernuts this year. Henry likes the "doubles" so I didn't worry when I had to cram one sheet pretty full. I ended up with an interesting variety of shapes. Here you can see a double, a Mickey, a tilting snowman and a giant glob I call The Shopping Cart.
Clara sported pig tails for the first time this week. They lasted about 6 minutes. She and Henry had a visit from Santa at school. Clara told me all about it: "Ho ho. Try? Uh-huh, hunh." This is interpreted as "Santa came. I cried. Like this."
This morning was full of activity including a quick trip to the bookstore and post office and then the library. After lunch we played in the snow and delivered cookies to our neighbors. Now the kids are napping and I'm working on making more treats! We're planning to go visit some friends in Oak Park tonight.
Oh...I had to include this picture. Henry is throwing snowballs at the snowman. But notice Clara's hunch-shouldered cower. She already has perfected the Little-Sister-Flinch.
I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday preparations as much as we are!

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Very cute photos....I LOVE the pigtails.....reminds me of her mother. Boy, those kids are growing up!