Thursday, August 26, 2010

KINDERGARTEN!!

Today was the big day! So last night Henry opened the bag of "Ready Confetti" that his kindergarten teacher had given him. He sweetly shared some with his sister.
He placed it under each of their pillows.
And then he did a funky dance.




The boy's got moves. Here he is this morning, not wanting to give me a straight picture.
I did get a couple of nice ones.


Here he goes, off on his way! Of course he had a whole parade following him: me, Grammie, Dad, Clara in the wagon...
Hooray!!
The kids did a little milling about, trying to size each other up, I suppose. Henry looks like he's going into his Sue The Dinosaur impersonation here.
Then they lined them up for our Kodak moment. This is while we were all still holding it together. As soon as that kindergarten door opened, Henry ran back to me and said "Actually! I do feel a little sad!!!!" and then burst into tears. Oy!! Of course that put me in tears too...and Grammie. I think Pete stayed in control.
Mrs. K swooped in for a quick rescue. She took Henry by the hand, promised him (and me) a great day and then they were off.
I was told all tears ended before he even entered the classroom. I'm pretty sure I believe that. All reports at pick-up time were positive! I'm sure there will be lots more stories to come!!

2 comments:

Aunt Joyce said...

Oh Henry....such a big boy....and such a handsome one as well. I know you will love kindergarten and that you will be an excellent student!
Love you

p.s. remember to have some fun at school too

amber c. said...

how can that tiny little baby boy be a kindergartener -- the year we met -- already? great recount of the day. xoxo