Saturday, February 25, 2012

Other recent scenes...

Henry's been making quick work of his jeans lately. I finally got some patches in hopes that I can make them last until summer. I could only find boring old square patches though, so I tried to get a little creative.... I wasn't sure if he'd be okay with wearing them to school or not. But as soon as he saw them Henry shouted "awesome," and then later said "I'll be the only kid at school with patches on my jeans!" So, I guess if I've raised my kid to think that's a good thing, I've done something right.
 The other day Clara had a mild fever. She got over it quickly, but it resulted in quite a long nap on Thursday. I had to wake her to get Henry from school and we were still a bit late. Poor little sleeping baby.
 That same night both kids had baths and I took a quick one too. Of course there's no real quiet time for Mom. I came out of my bath to much pounding outside the door. When I opened up I found this:
Today the kids have been to a bounce-house birthday party and came home to a house full of kids (I was watching the neighbor kids for a few hours this afternoon). I'm hoping all of that activity means early bedtimes for them. Baths will have to wait until the morning. Pete and I may finally get to watch the season 2 premier of Downton Abbey.

2 comments:

amber c. said...

those are awesome patches!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Betsy - now all the kids are going to want dino patches! Tell Clara I am glad to see her wearing her safety glases. grammie