Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Second Grade!

It was the first day of school and Henry would not give me a normal smile. Actually- when it was time to leave the house, he tried to come out with his shirt tucked way into his shorts and his hair all spiked up. I know, I'm a fun-hater, but I made him straighten up a bit for the first day of school. I suspect that, and these goofy faces, was his way of trying to mask the little bit of nervousness he may have had. 




 No need to fear, though! He came running out at the end of the day (see that leap in his step?) with a big smile on his face. When I asked "how was it?" His answer was a huge "awesome!!" His reported favorite part of the day was Spanish (which is new across the district this year, 30 min/day, 5 days/week). He said the teacher just came in and started speaking only in Spanish to them, but with lots of gesturing and pointing, so they were able to kind of figure out what she was saying. He thought it was funny and cool. My friend at GB said it went the same way in her classroom- I guess it's an immersion concept!
There's nothing I like better as a mom than seeing a big smile on my kid's face at the end of a school day! Here's to second grade!



1 comment:

amber c. said...

yay! that is so great about the spanish!