Sunday, February 03, 2013

Last day in California

On our last day in California, Pete and I left Frederick with the two Jeans and we took the big kids down to the Hollywood Amoeba Records. The kids and I wandered around while Pete had more of a purpose to his wandering. 



After a few purchases at Amoeba, we went for a walk to look at the Stars. 
We also checked out the handprints at Grauman's Chinese Theater. 
 Here are my two little dancers standing by Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers.
 We took this picture for Aunt Liz. I tried to get Clara in it too, but she was going nowhere near this wax Marilyn.
 The kids thought it was fun to find their own names in the walk of fame.
 We stopped for a little lunch (and a chocolate soda) at this Disney soda fountain.
The kids had Mickey shaped PB&J.
 It's hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure they were having fun in California.

That night Aunt Jean took us on a little driving tour of Burbank. I wanted the kids to see the studios. Next time we go out there Pete and I are going to do a Warner Bros. studio tour. It's supposed to be awesome.
 I love the Disney studio building with the Dwarves holding up the roof.
On my request, we had dinner that night at Clancey's. We got there in time for the earlybird special, because that's how we roll. 

 We had various yummy drinks with our seafood...and Frederick enjoyed a bottle. It was pretty priceless when I explained to Aunt Jean how I got the milk for the bottle (we took the pump along for just such an occasion.)
 That night we stayed up a bit later to pack and enjoy a little more time with Aunt Jean. She made us some vodka gimlets (I tried to demur and she made me a tiny one in a shot glass.)

The kids were wiped out...as they were every night. The big kids, I should say. Frederick was wide awake. Still...he wanted to join his big brother and sis on the blow-up bed in the living room. 
Tuesday morning we were up early to get on our way. Mom got up to make us some breakfast and see us off. Aunt Jean is not much for goodbyes- so she stayed in bed until (apparently) 5 minutes after we left. Henry found these glasses just in time for one last photo at her house...we have since printed it and sent it to her.


No comments: