Saturday, April 12, 2014

Super Nice Day

Dad and Kathie are visiting this weekend. Today's weather was really weird, with some hail and storminess right in the middle, but we made the most of it on either side of that. Here's some fun at the park this morning: 
 I got some weeding done while Frederick took a long nap. I almost dug into this guy, but relocated him to a safer spot.
 Then I uncovered a baby bunny nest!! I've never seen anything like this before. I was wary when I saw all the bunny fur because I thought maybe there was a dead one in there, but it turns out there were just a whole bunch of tiny little wriggly buns! I covered them up as best as I could (after showing them to the kids, who immediately wanted to adopt them all) and then set a chair over the top so we'll be sure not to step on them. I hope the mama comes back and that they do okay.
 Here's the big napper.
 Later he came out to play a bit with Grandpa.
 The weather was perfect, so we took a spontaneous walk over to the baseball field to fly kites. It was maybe the most successful kite flying I've ever done. The kids loved it.
 Clara let all of the string out and ran back and forth, singing Let's Go Fly A Kite.
 Henry was a little more reserved and kept a tighter, shorter string on his kite.
After all of the excitement, we went out for dinner at a newish place in The Glen. I had fish and chips. Now it's time for much sleeping.

No comments: