Saturday, December 06, 2008

And now for a cup of tea...

Today was the day of Henry's rescheduled party. I was up late last night and up early this morning, but I think it all came together okay...
Here's the scene, pre-party.
Henry was having trouble waiting for the guests to arrive. He wanted to play all of the games and eat all of the food... So we settled down with a couple stories while we waited. I was glad to have everything in place in time that I was able to breathe a moment before the guests came. I tend to work myself up a little bit before parties.
Here's a shot of the happy crowd. They started out by decorating crowns, then we played a little pin-the-tail and in this picture they're decorating their cupcakes.
Here's Henry waiting for his chicken nuggets.
After lunch I managed to get a picture of all the young guests, in a moment of forced stillness.
After cupcakes we did a little silly face freeze dancing. Every time the music stopped I took a photo of the silliest face. Guess who got his picture taken first.
Dancing is always fun. My motto for a good birthday party is "Send them home tired".
Here's a video of some silly dancing...

Here's the party girl with her grandpa.
And here's the scene, post-party. Not too bad. Fortunately, I have a mother-in-law who knows clean. Actually- everyone helped tidy up a little bit afterwards, it's very nice to have friends who just pitch in and help! Henry did spend a little time playing with a new lego set before heading off for his nap. He and Clara are both out now- hopefully for a good, long nap.
And I'm enjoying a cup of tea and looking forward to a dinner of some sort of take-out. And tomorrow? The Christmas tree!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was a really fun party. I'm glad it came together. How did the birthday boy like Pin the Tail on the Donkey?