Sunday, December 07, 2008

Good Grief!

Henry can't get enough of Charlie Brown. We have about all of the specials on dvd and this weekend every other phrase out of his mouth is "Good Grief!" or "You sly devil!" and sometimes "Good Grief! It's four o'clock! I'm supposed to be at Grandmother's at 4:30!".
In any case, we didn't get the pink aluminum tree we told him we would today. Here we are with the tree we chose.
Our original plan was to go to a tree farm and cut down our own, but Pete was feeling so-so and it was dreadfully cold. And we found out that the reindeer were going to be at Red's again, so we just stayed in town. Here's Henry warming up inside the shop.
And Clara meeting a reindeer. We actually arrived too early, so we had to make a second trip back to see the real reindeer.
So here we were on trip two. This also marked Henry's first time ever speaking to Santa! If you take a close look at Santa's basket, you may see what made Henry feel so friendly. You might also notice that this reindeer only had one antler. We were told she'd been busy playing reindeer games. I really wanted to pet her nose (it looked so soft!) but when I asked they said she doesn't care for that. So we stuck with petting her shoulder, which was also quite soft.
Finally, I made Henry pose by this snowman topiary. I thought the ornament nose and corncob pipe were pretty funny. Look at Henry though, you can see that he's saying "Good Grief!"
Now the kids are napping. I need to finish up some Christmas cards and then start taking down the streamers so we can put the trees up. We got two this year....I always feel like the family room is a little lonely without one. We were going to get one for the kids' room, but I couldn't find one small enough. Good Grief.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

personally I would have gone for the pink aluminum tree...I like sparkly....and pink mom

Anonymous said...

Good Grief!!!! It looks like it was a good day. I like seeing all those handknits being used!