Monday, May 16, 2011

Kathryn Elizabeth

This weekend Clara and I drove down to Burlington to help Aunt Joyce throw a shower for my cousin Katie. The weather was crummy, so we didn't do much other than eat and get ready for the shower. Joyce took Clara and I to a new(er) Italian restaurant that she and my mom had been telling good tales about. It was quite delicious. We also had breakfast at Jerry's diner, where Joyce said we were likely to run into Eddie, my mom's 'boyfriend' from jr. high. Sure enough, we did! 
But I only took photos of the shower. Here's a sweet flower arrangement in a little white heart vase. Check out that adorable picture of Katie.
 We all gave Katie a few favorite recipes. Here's Clara writing out hers for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
 Charlie came along for the shower too, and everyone took turns at holding him. These ladies are used to having lots of babies around, so it seemed perfectly natural to look around and see one of my aunts or cousins just holding Charlie and talking with someone else.
 I was in charge of 'entertainment', so I made everyone think of songs with the word "love" in it and take turns singing. It was plenty of fun.
 After eating tons of delicious brunch food we were having a conversation about Katie and her mom (or maybe just Aunt Joan?) starting to work on the butter mints for the wedding. Every good wedding has them. Joyce realized she still had several from our wedding, so she pulled them out and we sampled them. 8 years didn't hurt them too much, but they were a little crunchier than I would have liked.
 The flowers fared better than the frogs. I brought a few home for Henry and Pete to have as well. I thought it was kind of sweet that Clara and Henry could taste a little something from their parents' wedding!
 Here's the flower girl with the bride and groom-to-be! I think it's going to be quite an attractive wedding. And Katie has assured me that she doesn't care what songs are played at the reception, as long as people dance. This means she'll be pulling out all the stops. When I inquired about the chicken dance and the Hokey Pokey she said "oh yeah"!
Check back in June for what's sure to be some awesome pictures of killer dance moves.

No comments: