Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Just Everyday Summer

I took several photos off of my phone so that I could share some of the more every-day aspects of our summer. We have spent several days at the library, participating in the summer reading program. It was especially nice to spend some time there when the weather was so stinkin' hot. Here's Clara putting on a puppet show, and Henry reading a Garfield book on the big hippo pillow.
 Mom came in over the weekend to spend some time with us and to allow Pete and I to go to the Gillian Welch concert Friday night. Yesterday the weather was lovely, so we took a picnic over to Sunset Park.

Our usual pool time is after naps. Yesterday Pete came to join us when he got home from work. I thought I had some pool photos on my phone, but they must be on Pete's phone. Henry has been really beginning to swim this summer, which is really great to see. It's incredible how far he's come since the beginning of last summer when he still didn't want to put his face in the water.
After swimming we went out for Mexican. It was a little hot out, but it would have been a crime to sit inside in the air conditioning. I had a talk with Clara about how we had to start storing up our sunshine for the winter. Come February I'll need some photos like this to remind me that there is such a thing as Spring and Summer.

No comments: