Monday, August 08, 2011

Field Trip

Before we were rained out at Northbrook Days last night little Vivian got to enjoy some of the fun. She makes this hilarious face. It doesn't look as cute on me.
 
When it started clouding over (the first time) we ran for home and enjoyed a little play time while we sat out the rain. 
 
 Clara really enjoys playing with her little cousin.
 And Vivi seemed to enjoy meeting Franklin as well.
 This morning we were supposed to have a visit from the carpenter to start fixing our family room wall. There was apparently a miscommunication, which left the kids and I with a full day free. I mean, we could have done some work around the house, but it seemed a field trip was in order. I gave them the option of driving about an hour to check out a small zoo, or hopping on the train, riding to the end of the line, and seeing what we could find in Fox Lake. They opted for the zoo.
 It was a tiny little place, but an accredited zoo, so it was very nicely kept.
 Most of the animals were local, but I really liked this little burro.
 This guy was cracking me up. He kept kicking out one leg to dig a little spot for himself in the dirt. A lady near me wondered aloud if he must be sitting on eggs. I didn't go into a definition of the term "cock" but I did mention that I was pretty sure he was a he.
 I also loved the foxes.
 We almost missed the coyote, but went back to find him. He was very sweet. The kids really seemed to enjoy seeing him.
 Maybe tomorrow we'll hop the train.

1 comment:

joyceetta said...

Oh my.....I would have chosen the train option in a minute!