Saturday, August 06, 2011

Spiders

I'm (hopelessly) trying to get my house a little bit in order before Pete arrives home today. He's been in Tokyo and Hong Kong for a week. The clutter is a moot point since tearing out the cabinets and moving Clara's bed...it's just going to take a long time before getting that under control. But I thought I'd at least do the carpets and bathrooms, dishes and laundry. So while working in the kitchen, Clara comes out of the bathroom and says "Mama! There are lots of spiders in here." I said "okay, well, I'll get them when I start vacuuming up". To which she emphatically replied "No!!! I am SINGING to them!!"
So. That's my girl!
(Here she is at the splash pad in Iowa City) 
*Just now, as I was adding this photo, Henry walked by with a little tooth-shaped plastic container....it's what they send them home with when they lose a tooth at school. He matter-of-factly said "There's a spider in here. I'm going to let him outside."

1 comment:

joyceetta said...

Yep....I LOVE your kids.