Sunday, November 05, 2006

Some actual amateur gardening...if you scroll down

There's been a lot going on these days...
I was going to post some photos of the Starling invasion we had a few days ago, relating back to my Birds reference from Halloween, but then I realized that maybe that wasn't very interesting to many people. So instead, here's a photo of Henry playing with the black play-doh he got on Halloween. I was very intrigued by the blackness of the black play-doh.
I also wanted to post this picture for those who read Amber's blog as well. She's been having bad dog issues. We've been having bad kitty issues here. Not only is the cat a terror to our furniture and carpet, she also seems to be losing some hair. When trying to muscle her into the kitty carrier she did this number on my face:
Does anyone want a kitty? She really is a very nice kitty. I hate to give her away, but I also really really hate to think about declawing a ten-year-old kitty. The vet said she would do it, but I just don't feel quite right about it. Oh the moral and emotional dilemmas of pet ownership...

I thought I might have some cool photos to share after we took Henry to see the Bubble Guy yesterday at the library, but sadly he was not so fantastic. I do have fun photos from Girls Night last night. I went out for Mexican food and a strange show with my friends from work:

Here's my favorite shot- two early childhood educators trying to figure out a dinner bill:
Here we are at the show. This is one of those awkward moments where I was making a goofy face, but the picture didn't take, and then I felt like I was just making the face for too long, so I started to look away, and then the picture took and I ended up looking goofy, but not in an intentional way.

Kristy, however, is just looking her usual lovely self:
I got a little bit of sleeping in time this morning, but then Pete sent Henry into the bedroom with a kazoo...I got the idea pretty quickly. We went to Starbucks and the hardware store this morning, and then spent some time in the yard. Pete raked, Franklin patrolled for squirrels and Henry and I planted some bulbs that have been sitting around for a bit.
Henry also spent some time in his favorite outdoor hiding space. Have I mentioned that his new favorite game is Hide and Seek? Come over and play it with him and you'll be his favorite person.
I had dug up an area to plant the last few bulbs, and ended up digging up lots that were already there. My notes from the spring show that there were not that many tulips, daffodils or hyacinths in that spot. The bulbs were all bunched together, perhaps offshoots of older bulbs, so I separated and replanted. Hopefully I did more good than harm. We'll see in the spring! It's hard to get a group shot with a squirmy boy and an even squirmier dog...but here's an attempt.

1 comment:

W.F. Decker said...

Grandma Kathie and I played hide and seek with him when we were there in early October. He seemed to like it then, so maybe he is remembering that!