Friday, January 02, 2009

Did I mention I got a new camera for Christmas?

Well, I did.
So here's a photo review of our last week...starting with some of the first photos off my new camera taken Christmas night...Clara awaking from her nap:
Henry lounging in his new robe:
On the 26th we headed down to Burlington (the drive was slow due to lots of fog) and saw Katie...
And spent time with Joyce...
And smiled...
Henry showed Sam his new Automoblox:
Clara had a bath:
On the 28th (delayed an extra day due to ice) we headed up to ICIA. We had a brief visit with Aaron, Emily and their two kids Jake and Devin, but did not have the camera along. Blast. First time I've seen them in 4 years and no evidence.
Then we got to see Anders. I call this picture A Study In Stripes And Plaid:
Anders was very happy to see me.
Henry and Clara have a new hugging game they play.
I made Eleanor a hat for Christmas. It's the same style I made Anders when he was born. I liked the gnomey look of it, so I made Eleanor's in green. Here she is trying it on.
We had some Christmas celebrating with Dad and Kathie. Henry made ornaments for all of his sets of grandparents. He was pretty proud to deliver them.
Here's a cute picture that wouldn't have looked quite as good with my old camera.
At first I thought this photo demonstrated Sandy's ability to knit while nursing. It actually demonstrates her ability to scratch lotto tickets while nursing.
Henry finally got his crane.
This was taken the next day...Clara was having fun with her sippy cup.
And later Rob showed the guys some old Electric Company Spiderman episode off YouTube. Franklin was thoroughly entertained.
Here's a cute diaper change on Grammie's bed.
This must have been New Year's Eve. Note Pete's new slippers....Joyce knitted some for all of us, in different color combinations.
I was trying out different camera settings....here's the dining room table before dinner. Carrie's slaving away in the kitchen while Oscar waits for her to drop something.
This is just proof that I exist. Clara was trying to climb my legs. No, she's not crawling yet, nor is she pulling herself up or even really standing. Yes, she will be one in a week. No, I'm not especially worried.
Grammie and Lucy and Clara playing on New Year's Eve:
Rob and Carrie looking cute at dinner.
Will and Sandy looking cute at dinner...well, Sandy looks cute anyway.
Us, trying to figure out which camera to look at. I think Clara was still playing on the floor....or perhaps she had gone to bed.
Henry and Grammie.
Henry was allowed to stay up....but he still crashed on the couch before midnight. He didn't miss much. The "countdown" we saw on CNN was about the lamest I've seen ever. (Carrie or Rob, if you can find a clip, I'd love to post it.)
Happy New Year!! Here are the three oldest cuties eating O's and pomegranate and hot cocoa.
And I couldn't resist a photo of mom in her Santa Lobster jammies. I know she'll be delighted that I posted this!
Finally, we tried to get some pictures of the four cousins....I'm ashamed that my two did not have proper Hawkeye attire for the bowl game!!!
Eleanor didn't want to sit still for the photo session.
And here's a pretty cute shot of just the dudes.
I know we said it several times already, but we really hope the kids didn't share their colds with all of you! Sorry Will....I know you've already got it. Thanks for letting us be around, despite their runny noses and eye gunk. It's always a little hard to come back home, even though we were probably all ready to return to our normal lives. Too bad "normal" can't include being closer to each other.

2 comments:

amber c. said...

i'm dizzy. but great pics!

Beehave said...

Henry and Clara still look very similar, but Clara's face has changed so much since your "who's who?" blog post. She is looking very pretty and I adore those long lashes. Has it already been a year?

(BTW, Sofia walked around 14 months old)