Sunday, January 25, 2009

Little Sicky

Henry took ill Friday evening. My first clue was the 3+ hour nap he took Friday afternoon. And then he refused to eat his dinner but didn't try to bargain for an alternative meal. He went to bed a little bit early and then the vomiting started around 8PM. I had been lying down with him, got up to get him a drink of water and was in the kitchen telling Pete that Henry was just acting weird, when we heard quick footsteps and saw Henry come scurrying in to tell us he was sick. We propelled him towards the bathroom, where he managed to toss about half of his cookies into the toilet. The other half landed on the floor, wall and side of the toilet.
Friday night we didn't get a whole lot of sleep. There were changes of pajamas, changes of pillowcases and temporary towels on the bed because we didn't want to change all of the sheets. All day yesterday and so far for today Henry has been on the couch, looking like this:
He still has a fever today, but so far has kept down a full piece of toast (which is a huge improvement over yesterday when he wasn't even keeping down water). He hasn't thrown up since yesterday evening...though some of the problems seem to have gone south.
We've been doing a lot of this:
And I made some immunity-boosting soup. Chicken, garlic, shitake mushrooms, carrots, spinach...all the good stuff. This is an in-process photo...
So now everyone is napping again. Clara didn't want to sleep. She fussed for a bit, and then seemed to quiet down rather quickly...so I went to check on her. This is what I found:
We've lowered her mattress, because she's getting too close to standing and we don't want her to launch over the side...I wouldn't put it past her to try.
Here's a top view. This can not be comfortable.
Oh. Sweet baby. I didn't want her to end up with bruises on her face, though...so I bit my lip and moved her. After a concerned glance at me, she fell back asleep. Now I'm thinking about taking a nap on the couch myself.

4 comments:

amber c. said...

those photos of clara are priceless. glad sick boy is feeling a wee bit better. xo!

amber c. said...

and, where'd you get the bright colored nuk? adelaide's are so blah.

W.F. Decker said...

I hope Henry is feeling better soon. Seems like all I hear is that one or more of my grandkids is sick this winter.

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Poor babe... I hope he's all better by the time you read this! And Clara's going to have to slow down on the cuteness. I mean, where's a kid to GO after such a magnificent display?!