Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hip Hip!!

I wish I had pictures of my kids watching the events today, like the cute photos of Adelaide and Anders. I took some at school of my students watching the pre-swearing-in events (they were in P.E. during the actual swearing in) but those aren't on this computer.
I do, however, find this photo pretty moving:
And here's a little story...we were discussing the Shure mics at the Neighborhood Ball, and then Mariah came on and sang into her rhinestone encrusted mic, with the rhinestone encrusted stand. Henry's explanation was this: "When Shure microphones get really old, they get sparkly."
If only we all got sparkly as we aged.

Oh this is a happy day. I'm so happy for my children!! They had to be born under the messed up reign of George W. Bush, but they get to grow up in a whole new era of Hope!

1 comment:

amber c. said...

what a day!