Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wearin' the Green!

We had a long day of celebrating today. We started with some Lucky Charms and green eggs and ham for breakfast. Please note that it's still dark out. I'm having a little trouble adjusting to the time change.
It may be hard to tell, but those eggs are green. The ham is mixed in.
Then they obliged me with posing for a few cute photos.

After work we took our chances and headed to Hackney's. We couldn't find a spot in the lot, so we parked at Staples, a few stores over and hoofed it.
We were told the wait would be 1 1/2 to 2 hours. The kids played in the bushes a bit. I had a couple of books with me that we read and overall they were very patient!
Clara did have a need for some water. At first she was dubious about the big green cup, but she warmed to it.
Here's a little taste of the wait outside. It was even more insane inside.
I guess they called our name after about 45 minutes, but we didn't realize it until Pete went up to inquire about half an hour after that. We got a great seat and enjoyed the wandering musical entertainment.
Well, Clara didn't necessarily enjoy the music. She got very startled when the snare drummer started and then she sobbed into my shirt for the entire first piece of music. For the second one she stopped crying and actually watched, with her ears covered all the while.
(These pictures all taken with Pete's phone, btw.)
Our food came pretty quickly. Here's my corned beef:
And here's Henry with his Green River. Clara tried a bit too. After the first sip (her first taste of soda pop ever) she looked up and said "Wow!" Then after a second sip she made a face and declared it "spicy!" Henry, however, drank his right down.
By the time we got home it was past time for pajamas, brushing teeth and stories. Fortunately the kids went to bed pretty easily. And I'm enjoying my first night in a while without report cards looming over my head.

2 comments:

amber c. said...

festive! and spicy! your day was much more celebratory than ours! remind me to tell you you need to clean out your house every few years. we were at grandma's today sorting through forty (or sixty, depending on how you look at it) years of glassware, etc. more of the same tomorrow. ole!

flyingwaffle said...

I love that Clara says spicy! Gretchen likes to say spicy too. Sometimes appropriately and sometimes when things are bubbly. Cracks me up!