Sunday, June 13, 2010

Shenanigans

Here's what paraded into the family room shortly after I posted my last entry.
These two are a crack up.
Friday night the two clowns went to stay with their grandparents so Pete and I could go to a Phish concert. The show was in Bridgeview, at Toyota Park where the Chicago Fire play soccer. I've been wanting to go to a soccer match, but the concert was pretty great too.
We searched online for an interesting place to eat before the show and found a place called Grand Dukes. It was Lithuanian and we thought we might also catch a World Cup game, but none were on at the time. The food was interesting and delicious, as was the beer. For the record I did have a green salad in addition to this plate of beige food.
We left our camera in the car, but took this parking lot photo before the show. The parking lot was the typical scene before a Phish show, but it did seem that, since the last time we've been to a show- several years ago, the car quality has improved. I suspect the median fan age is older and that most are now employed.
Pete did take this picture with his iphone. By the beginning of the encore the 2nd hand smoke was getting to me, and maybe the stadium Mai Tai that I drank as well... So we ducked out a little early. This made for a nice, quick exit.
All in all I'm pleased to know that I'm not too old for a Phish show!

No comments: