Wednesday, November 10, 2010

50's Day

Henry is celebrating his 50th day of school today. 50 days of kindergarten!!! They had homework last night where they had to count out 50 of something to take in to share (Henry chose Legos) and today they will have a sock hop.
It may not be very 50's, but there are flames on the sides of his Converse. His choice. He also has a comb in his back pocket. My choice.
We were ready for school a little early and it's my Wednesday off, so he and I walked up to Starbucks for a 50's hot chocolate before walking back to school. He held my hand the whole way. We also did some big adding. "Mom- I know what 3,000 plus ten is." But be careful what you say. I've been a little lax in what I say in front of him lately and he's starting to get a bit of a big head. Yesterday he told Will he was smarter than him and then proceeded to tell the story of how his teacher asked if they could find any words in the word November (be, or....) Henry raised his hand and said "venom!" He came home with a Word Wizard award. What can I say? The kid is smart. Just don't tell him that. I'm trying to refocus on being resourceful and curious and trying hard, rather than being smart. Our other key phrase with him these days is "kind and helpful". As in "when you pushed your sister and yelled in her face were you being kind or helpful?"

Okay...still to come: photos of Baby Vivian!

1 comment:

joyceetta said...

Henry
Love the look....you are one cool cat!

Hope you had fun at school today. Were you kind and helpful?