Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankfulness

Rob, Carrie and Eleanor came in Wednesday night to stay for a few days. Here are The Captain and Tenille before leaving for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday. Actually, this was before we left for ours. Rob had not showered yet and they went to Carrie's family for dinner.
We went to Deerfield where Liz and Van had been for a while and some other family members came too (cousins of Mary's). I got to spend some nice time with Vivian.
We also got some good shots of all 3 cousins together. I think Vivian loved hanging out with her older cousins. They adore her and made lots of googly faces at her, which made her giggle!
Check out that full-bodied joy! What fun to be a baby!
Uncle Pete is also a huge fan of babies. Here he is talking football with Viv. I was going to say "introducing" her to football, but I've seen some photos of Vivian and her dad snoozing in front of a game.
She's quite fashionable already.
I was in charge of pies for the dinner, so my children got to lick the whipped cream beaters. I'm a huge proponent of letting children lick the beaters or spatulas...whatever the case may be.
I couldn't decide what to make, so I made 3 desserts, but then ended up with a 4th after I took some cinnamon rolls across the street to Ed and Helena yesterday morning. The dessert on the far left is called Nantucket Cranberry Pie and it was almost more like a cobbler- with the cakey crust on top. The back pie is a banana pumpkin mousse from Ed's restaurant (Carrie's enjoying some of it next to me on the couch right now) the middle one is a pretty standard pumpkin. Though I forgot the new trick I had read of baking it on top of a pizza stone to help the bottom of the crust bake a little better. In front in the red spring form pan is an apple tart that was my favorite.
Pete got to help cut the turkey.
And Henry and Clara were the first at the table. This was before Clara spilled her little cup of water. Other than that, and some extra getting-up-and-running-around the dinner went very well and was delicious.
This morning we avoided all of the door busters, but did head out early to take the kids to a 9:50AM showing of Tangled, which was great! It was a first movie for Clara and Eleanor, who both sat through the whole thing. Henry loved it too. Clara did get up to dance a few times when there were musical numbers, which will be a great memory and story to tell her about her first theater experience.

2 comments:

joyceetta said...

Hey
Great photos and commentary. However, I want to know where Eleanor is. Did she decide to stay at home in IC for a relaxing weekend to herself?




word verification: fredlo

Anonymous said...

Hi, nice blog. I am working on a forum to make blogs more visible. If you want more visitors, why not join.
http://homepage.forumotions.com/
It is free, why not take a look.
See you there.