Sunday, November 21, 2010

More (warning, it gets a little sappy)

This poor child...we squeezed every possible ounce of birthdayness out of this weekend for him and he was pooped!
He was excited to open some presents, but a little bit overwhelmed too. You can't tell, but Anna also has a bow on her head in this pic. Henry placed it there for her.
He was very thoughtful about his wishes. I resisted the temptation to ask him what he wished for. I hope they all come true!
Tonight at bed I was telling him that I wasn't entirely sure what his plans were for the morning. I said something like "I'm sorry, Honey, I got your plans a little confused I guess." His immediate reply to me was "You don't have to apologize. You're still the best mom."
How could I not wish all of this little boy's wishes would come true? Just when I need it most he hits me with huge amounts of genuine, unfiltered love.

1 comment: