Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lights, Camera, Action!

That was the name of the kids' dance recital today; "Lights, Camera, Action" and they kept trying to make us say it all together. That was the only lame part of the whole show.
 The kids looked so amazingly cute.

 Clara's performance was from Singin' In The Rain, of course. Here she is getting some pictures with the other girls.
 And then she settled right in, in the midst of the chaos backstage, and read her magazine.
 It was hard to get any decent photos on stage, because I couldn't use flash.
 Here she is during the "sun's in my heart" part of the song.
This is a fuzzy photo, but I couldn't leave it out. Clara was giving me a wave on her way off stage.
 Henry's group got to be in two performances. Here he is at the beginning of the hip hop piece, which was to Lime in the Coconut.
 Later they came out for their ballet dance, which was to These Arms of Mine.
 I bawled all the way through this one. He got to be a little star and he even got some bonus applause. He was the only boy in the entire show!
 Here's Clara giving a bow during the finale.
 And here she is turning around and pointing at her brother.
 Henry got to hand one of the instructors flowers. It was very cute.
 The medals for dance were a bit of overkill, but the kids were so proud of them!
 I'm not sure what was going on here, it was pretty darn hot out, and this is probably my favorite picture from the day.
 Though this one's pretty good too.
 And here they are with Grammie. Grandma and Bampa also came to the show, but they had to leave a bit early, so they didn't get in on photos.
 We tried to do a family photo when we got home, but you know how that usually turns out...
I was so proud of my little dancers today!!! If you're lucky, one day, we might make you sit through the video!

3 comments:

amber c. said...

I can't believe Henry was the only boy! But I'm not surprised about him being a star! Both kids look great. I can't wait to see the videos! And you look adorable, Mama! Glad to see a pic of the babe-to-be!

Anonymous said...

When all those girls are older and Henry is a dancing man, he won't be able to keep them away! Wish we could have been there. The kids look great.

Grandpa Bill

Anonymous said...

What a special time.

Nana