Saturday, December 02, 2006

Oh Christmas Tree

*For some reason Blogger has not been letting me post photos. I was finally able to get them on today (has anyone else had trouble when they want to choose 'small' for the photos?) so here is Saturday's news.... My original vision was that the photos would be smaller and along the right side of the text, but now they're all just thrown in there at the end. Sorry.

Today we headed out to Richardson's Farm to find a Christmas tree. We originally had a Fraser Fir in mind, but we were talked into a Canaan instead. It's a quite lovely tree. I'm not sure it's as fragrant as I would like, but it's hard to tell when you've been in the house with it for a while. It probably goes without saying that Henry loved the tractor ride and the donuts most of all. I was a little concerned when I realized that we actually did have to cut the tree down ourselves, but Pete (you can call him Lumberjack Pete) had that thing down in no time. He tied it to the top of the car all by himself as well! Not that I ever doubted him, but I was pleased when we arrived home and the tree was still with us.


6 comments:

amber c. said...

love it!

W.F. Decker said...

What a pretty Mom and handsome son! What a great Dad! Altogether now...I'm a lumberjack and I'm OK, I sleep all night and I work all day, ..."

Anonymous said...

Getting trees is the best. Sorry but i'll never get an artificial tree - they suck. And I don't feel bad because they're grown as a renewable resource for that very reason. Yay.

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

This one should have been titled, "Lovely Little Family Finds Fantabulous Fir..."

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

p.s. "La petite famille" or "the little family" is a term of familial endearment in French - at least 'round this part of France. It sounds kind of funny in English, for some reason, now that I look at it... Anyway! you all look so beautiful - and your tree does, too!

Anonymous said...

that photo of henry in snowsuit with donut makes me think of "a christmas story"..."i can't put my arms down!" maybe over the holidays i'll teach him the "how does the piggy go?...how does the piggy eat?" bit. i know you'd love that, betsy...