Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow Day!






Pete is outside in his (rubber soled) slippers shovelling out a path for Franklin. The snow is wet and heavy. We must have about eight inches already, and the bottom inch or two is pure slush. We celebrated Pete's staying home with pancakes. Henry's first two were plain, but I gave in and let him have chocolate chips for his last one. We got out just in time yesterday to buy him a snowsuit. It's from Old Navy, which means it's not all fancy and waterproof, but it'll keep him warm and dry long enough to get some good outdoor play in. I doubt we'll be heading out today, though, unless Pete's caffeine addiction really gets the best of him.

3 comments:

amber c. said...

fun, fun stuff! looks to be a great day - perhaps you can sway pete to play scrabble during nap time!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

WOW! We are SO ENVIOUS! YAY for TONS of SNOW!

Anonymous said...

Hey...I too had pancakes on my snow day. No chocolate chips for me though. I had my favorite oatmeal with nutmeg and pecans. Yum. We had about 7 inches of snow. Took forever to shovel. I would have loved to have a little one to build a snowperson with. Henry, child, where are you when I need you?