Thursday, April 05, 2007

Arts and Crafts

We seem to be in a bit of an artistic bent these days. I think our minds are really trying to enjoy Spring, even though the weather wants to give us snow flurries in April.
Here's a sampling of how we've been exercising our creative natures:
Pete built a set of speakers with my dad.
Don't let anybody tell you my husband can't use a power tool.

Henry and his grandma dyed some early Easter eggs.

Henry got the itch to paint last night after dinner. Notice the flower stems (marker) and the sponge-painted flowers. There's also a neon-y yellow sun in the upper right, but I'm not sure you can make it out.

While cleaning out the paint jars I was reminded of Amber's Easter egg adventure.

Today Henry and I made bird nest treats. I'm not sure what the real name is for these treats, they certainly aren't cookies. I didn't follow any sort of recipe, but boy are they delicious!
Henry's job was to place the eggs:

Oh, and to taste the eggs:
And here he was waving his fingers over the treats. I asked what he was doing and he said "my being the bird, flying over!" Brilliant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My love Henry

Carrie and Rob said...

Caw caw

Anonymous said...

I love the flower picture Henry! Can I commission one?