Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sprouts

Henry and I are pretty pleased with the growth of our tomatoes. I'm worried that maybe they need a little sun, though. The peppers are coming up too!
We're also growing some itsy bitsy basil.
Oh yeah! And I have tulips! These are the new tulips that I planted in the fall.
Henry introduced me to moon sand. He had played with it lots before, but it was new to me. It's basically like sand, but mailable. If you look at the yellow tub you can see that Henry didn't even pretend to try to keep the colors apart.
The nice thing about moon sand is that it's crumbly, not sticky. That makes it easy to vacuum up!

3 comments:

joyceetta said...

Love those tulips!!! Your seedlings are looking pretty good. Maybe put the tomatoes on the kitchen counter to get a little sun? I miss that boy! (you and Pete also, of course).

amber c. said...

those tulips are great! i missed my pink/red ones this year. and, your tomatoes look further along than mine. i think i need to do something else with mine. also -- thanks for the reminder to start basil. i've been meaning to. this southern gardening is just too different -- i'm probably too late!

amber c. said...

just me. checking this stale post (sigh) again. i need a fix! i've got to have it! the squirrels rooted around in my basil pot after one day outside. darn the squirrels!