Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter....belated

We had a busy Easter-Bunny-y kind of weekend! Saturday (after an impromptu trip to the aquarium with friend Jonah) we dyed eggs. Henry had lots of prior experience, so he was an expert. Pete was the only one to break an egg. I was a little annoyed by the nine (9!) color pellets that came with this years Paas kit. I should have left the extra 3 out, because they were worthless- except for the lime green which was pretty cool.
I love dying eggs so much it was hard to stick to just 11 (I left out the one that cracked during the boiling). In this batch please take note of Pete's happy face egg (I had that one for breakfast the next morning) and my rainbow egg (my favorite egg art) and the lovely new lime green color.
Here's Henry on Sunday morning. Can you say "dapper"?!?!?!? I wish I had a photo where you could see his socks! Think argyle.
And, lastly, here's the sad, sad lamb cake. It's head was still on when we arrived, but something devilish happened while we were all at church. Despite the apparent self-decapitation, the cake was still quite tasty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Henry looks pretty dapper indeed! What's the "real" story on the cake?

Carrie and Rob said...

I want some coconut grass.