Friday, May 02, 2008

Henry

Henry just asked me "what kind of coffee do you want?"
He's 'working' at his easel. This usually involves water, chalk, and a big mess.
"I'd like mine with cream, and chocolate" I said.
"Do you want foam?"
Okay, sooo.....this kid may have been to Starbucks too many times.


Other things he's said lately-
He's been trying to sort out tenses and will often say "Are we going to Grandma's house last week?" or "I want to watch one Coyote last night".
Coyote, of course, refers to the Roadrunner and Coyote cartoons that Will somehow got him hooked on.
The other day he asked me "Mom? Why does our house only have a middle floor?"
He often wants to explain things to Clara. Last week on the way home from Baskin & Robbins he cried because he broke his pink plastic spoon. After calming down we heard him quietly explaining to Clara, with a teary voice "it's okay Clara. I was just sad because I broke my spoon. It's okay." Also, if she cries, he's likely to say "It's okay Clara. I'm right here. It's okay."
And he read his First Discovery Human Body book to her the other day.

And of course the little guy loves to "rock out". Here's a song he composed this morning after washing his hands. I call it "Bubbly Water Goin' Down the Drain". Don't miss the guitar parts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! And, what a good big brother!

flyingwaffle said...

Henry's song is very catchy! It was going through my head all night last night.