Tuesday, May 13, 2008

This Weekend

We were in Iowa this weekend, remembering and saying goodbye to my Uncle Rob. Here he is after my wedding, the oldest of eight rowdies. I was trying to think of a good story to share about my Uncle Rob, but the one thing that kept popping into my head was this: his eyes were always smiling.
It was a very emotional weekend, but, as happens in times like these, the family came together for lots of hugs, stories and laughter. Also, lots of eating.
There's a lot of love in this family. By last night I think we all felt like this:
Peace, Uncle Rob. We love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wondered if you might do a blog of the weekend. You're right....Rob's eyes WERE always smiling and now mine are crying like a baby. I love that guy and can't tell you how proud I am to have been his sister.

I'm not really anonymous but blogger won't take my name

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Betsy, this was a lovely tribute to your uncle Rob, and also to your whole family. My heartfelt condolences.