Friday, October 24, 2008

Two weeks ago...

Two weeks ago I was planning a typical blog about how cute my kids are, blah blah blah...
And how cute Clara's outfit was, blah blah blah...
And about Clara's new habit of scooching on her butt, right up to whatever the first obstacle is...
...and then sometimes trying to eat that obstacle.
(Alternate photo title: "Linus isn't the only one who has it in for that ottoman!")

And then, the next thing you know, we find ourselves here: With an across-the-street view of this:
And later on, lunch here: Which is actually housed here: (zoom in on the bell tower)
So...I think I'm still recovering from The Dells. It was a fabulous trip, don't get me wrong, but it the place is a little Twilight Zone-ish. It's like, they took this great, naturally beautiful spot and realized people wanted to come there, so they built all kinds of places for people to stay, but then people forgot that they were going there to actually visit the beautiful river and whatnot, so the townsfolk (or whomever) started building all kinds of other crazy crap, and now it's the Water Park Capital of the World. I'm certain I'm accurate when I say most people probably vacation up there without ever leaving their hotel or hotel-compound. Also, I suppose we're kind of snobs about leaving nature as it is and all that hooey.
But we made the most of our time there. No water park vacation for us.
Oh wait...
Oh....that's right...
I guess we did kind of visit there...
This might explain why I forgot...
Holy RumRunner Batman! Could Clara speak I think she'd be saying "help!"

Ah...it was a long walk back to the room...I only ran into the wall once.
Okay, so some other photos from our trip...I won't narrate, as there is still lots to get to....
There was the ride on the Duck...

And putt-putt at Shipwreck Lagoon....
Henry's first time playing putt-putt was quite a success. Henry actually scored a hole-in-one on his very first practice putt!
We also visited a deer park, which was quite lovely.
Pete spent a lot of time with this goat...


Henry can't quite read yet...

Pete and I got a chance later to go visit a winery on our own. This is the true benefit of vacationing with grandparents!
We were very lucky to have wonderful weather.
And on the way home.......chocolate malts!
Thanks to Peter and Mary for inviting us along for a really fun trip!
Maybe in two more weeks I'll blog about last weekend.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That was a fun post that brought me many laughs, Betsy. I love all the pictures. Looks like you guys had a fun trip.

amber c. said...

you really do have cute kids.