Saturday, November 29, 2008

Oops, your flue is open!

So, we had a pretty good Thanksgiving. Here are some photos.
Bampa and the kids being musical:
Pete and I, pre-dinner:
Clara, enjoying her first Thanksgiving dinner. She had a little turkey and some potatoes.
Here are the pies. They tasted pretty good, but my next goal is to figure out how to get it so they don't cement themselves into the pans.
Liz and Van, checking the ads for doorbuster deals:
Yesterday Rob, Carrie and Eleanor came over for some quality time. I didn't manage to take any photos until after Clara had gone to bed and Carrie had taken Eleanor to her grandparents' house to sleep. But here are Rob and Henry playing a bit of Cariboo. Note Henry's self-applied band-aid. It came from the new doctor kit Rob and Carrie gave him for his birthday. Also, Rob and Henry checked out our chimney. Rob declares it clean, and says we don't need no stinkin' chimney cleaner. Also- our flue has apparently been open, for who knows how long....
Henry did a little more doctoring this morning. First he fixed up Dory and gave her a band-aid. Then he got to work on Elmo, who he diagnosed as having fallen off the couch and broken his neck.
Here's his prescription pad. He had already written prescriptions for me and Dory, he was working on Elmo's name.
And finally, here's Clara this morning. She is sporting her fancy new hat from Aunt Joyce. She had also just pulled the mirror down. Fortunately it got wedged in the doorway and didn't fall on her. When I saw what was happening, I first jumped to make sure she was okay, and then when I saw she was, I grabbed the camera- of course.
Okay....that's it for now. I really should be knitting or working on report cards.

1 comment:

W.F. Decker said...

I remember another little girl who pulled down a playpen, rather than a mirror, and who damaged her teeth in the process. I'm glad this situation turned out better.