Saturday, November 01, 2008

Spooktacular!!!

Halloween for us started about a week ago when Henry got dressed up for Jonah's bowling/Halloween/birthday party. I wanted Henry to wear something he could still bowl in. He went as his dad. Complete with Blackberry (case), business cards, 11-year pin and a copy of Shure Shots in his back pocket.
Henry was a little low energy, as this was the beginning of his cold...but Clara was having a great time!
Tuesday night we had a visit from Scott and Chloe, who were in town for a couple of days. Chloe and Henry made their own pizza.
Then they played a bit....here they are playing with my old tree house toy.
Here are Scott and Pete, possibly telling goofy stories about Pete making a huge rip in Scott's pants one time in high school....
Wednesday night Joyce came into town (she's on her way to spend a week with Anders) and Thursday we carved our pumpkins.
Gratuitous shot of my favorite new t-shirt:
Yesterday was crazy and fun. This is the kids napping before we even got to the trick-or-treating. They were wiped out from a morning walk and an early afternoon trip over to my school to watch the kids parade in their costumes.
Here they are- ready to go!
Look at the love!
The trick-or-treating crew kept growing larger. We met up with Anna and Sebastien from across the street (seen here as a ladybug and Clifford) and then Jonah came up to haunt our neighborhood as well.
I don't blame Jonah for wanting to come up a suburb for the trick-or-treating. Our neighborhood is terribly fun on Halloween. The only thing you have to look out for is the rogue squirrels, who kept making off with the loot... (that's a KitKat bar in his paws)
Even though we're all suffering from colds, we still had a great night.
I might have been a little stingy with my candy....we actually still have one unopened bag! I did get complimented on my selection though...from a few kids! One liked the Swedish Fish, another was delighted to find a Heath bar for her brother (and she wasn't just lying to get more candy- I actually saw her give it to her brother!) And one junior high-looking girl said I had "great candy"! Darn. I should have been giving it out by the handfuls. Now I guess I'll have to finish it off...
Boo!
Here's the sweaty, runny-nosed lion, getting ready to sort his loot. I told him how Rob and I used to dump everything out in front of the t.v. (which was probably showing Charlie Brown or The Birds) and then count it and sort it into piles. Then the bartering would begin. Henry didn't care to listen to me reminisce. He was trying to determine which was the best piece of candy to eat right away. He settled on a weird gummy scarecrow.
I hope your Halloween was full of happy tricks and delicious treats!!

Final Note: Henry's costume may look familiar. Henry was still pleased with his costume from 2 years ago, and we were pleased to not spend any money. Clara was adorable in Henry's old bat costume, but I do have to admit it was hard to not buy her some fairy wings. Next year

3 comments:

Beehave said...

great photos!
Ernie and I both played with the tree toy you featured. Find memories.

Sofia also chose to eat the candy which I would be least attracted to.
our blog has fallen to the wayside lately.. hope to get some Halloween pics up soon

sarah90046 said...

I like to new tee...only three more days!! I also like the photos and your neighborhood squirrel. I am not sure if I am more impressed that he had a kit-kat or held still for a picture. hmm? We just went bowling for orion's bday, but I am slacking off on the documentation. yikes!

Beehave said...

Sofia says, " I like the costume of your baby sister. I like that a squirrel was stealing candy! I hope we come to you house soon, Henry. "