Sunday, April 19, 2009

Another Busy Weekend

We knew the weather was going to be very nice on Friday, so we made plans to go to the Botanic Garden and use our new membership.
We met our friends from across the street there. Here are Henry and Anna hopping up the path.
And here they are on the bridge responding to my "Hey guys! Wave!".
How sweet is this?
When we got home Henry ate a good lunch, so I reluctantly allowed him to try out his unnatural Easter Bunny treat. He had a blue one, Clara had a pink one. Mom got them at the Russell Stover outlet (I assume. On her way to or from Will and Sandy's.) and thought they were white chocolate. They were actually strangely colored "pastels". Whatever. Henry thought it was delightful.
I don't have any photos from yesterday because we were too busy running around. Henry had his first real drop-off play date at his friend Ryan's house. He had a blast. When I picked him up Ryan's mom told me what a good eater Henry was. I understood why when I asked Henry what they had for lunch "chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese and peaches and chocolate milk and I got cookies". He was in little boy food Heaven. Oh- and the mac and cheese was Spiderman shaped.
He cashed out for a nap after his play date and I had to wake him an hour later to go to a birthday party. I made him sit up in bed and I changed him into a nicer shirt. When we were in the car Pete said "You look good in that shirt, Buddy" and Henry looked at me and said "How did I get in this shirt?". He was wiped out, but revived as soon as he saw his pal Jonah at the party. His two best friends in the same day!!!!
Today was much more mellow. Clara got a bath while Henry and I went to the grocery. There was playing around the house and lunch and napping. I made cookies and then dinner. Clara got to eat from her duckie plate for the first time. She loved it.
Here's an artsy picture of our orchids in bloom.
The ducks have been visiting again. I wonder if this is the same pair that have visited in other years.
And tonight we let Henry watch a movie (he chose Shrek) because it was just a rainy movie sort of day. Usually Clara doesn't like it when Henry sits on my lap, but she didn't mind once she was able to climb on to his lap.
Here's a picture of what Henry was up to while I cooked dinner. His favorite part was where he wrote "Upshop and Willy" I told him that should maybe be his band name.
And now I should go help with story time and then see if I can muster the energy to do some ironing before I fall asleep myself....

No comments: