Thursday, April 02, 2009

Out of Focus

Last night I made the mistake of trying to take some pictures of Clara in her crib. She does such a nice job of going to sleep, and I always feel like we miss out on having pictures of just regular everyday stuff. So here she is-blinking, not sleeping yet. All tucked in and ready to sleep.
She likes to watch her mobile and is very good about just going to sleep on her own. I had to turn on the manual focus because it was dark and the camera only wanted to focus on the mobile.
So then, of course, Clara got all excited about the flash and the excitement since I didn't just leave. So she decided to get up and play. Then it took me an extra 40 minutes or so to put her back to sleep.
Then this morning I forgot to turn the auto focus back on, so these shots are a little blurry. This is Clara muscling her way up with the wagon.
Here she is taking some tentative steps. She does a really great job. Still very wobbly-legged and slow, but she'll be walking soon.
Ah, now I think I got the focus back...
Here's one more picture from this morning. I realized that we have a bajillion egg cartons. We save them for painting or to give to Mom to take for fresh eggs. This morning I decided they would be fun to build with...they're good for stacking and easy for Clara to manipulate.
So right now Clara is working with BethAnn. They're stacking the cloth blocks on the couch. Clara's getting more comfortable with her. I think part of the issue is the time of morning. Clara's only taking one nap at home now (I think she still does an AM nap at Leslie's) and so she gets a little tired and needy in the morning, which makes it a little harder to feel comfortable and cooperative. BethAnn sees that she's making huge amounts of progress though. She just said something about what she thought Clara was doing with her knees-I'll have to ask her about that later. I try to just sit quietly most of the time. If I talk, it just reminds Clara that I'm over here. Now she looks like she's trying to get her to do some torso twisting and some stretching while she's in a standing position. Oh...and now it's "mama mama...".

No comments: