Saturday, October 17, 2009

Library Card Day!!!

Henry and I took a big trip to the library this morning! He went up to the counter and said "Can I have a library card please?"
Here he is signing his name.
I told him about how, when I signed my first library card, I couldn't fit my whole name- so it says "Betsy Deck". I remember standing at the children's desk in the library with Mom, and I still have that card.
Here's the proud boy all ready to pick out some books. Of course, what he was most excited about was signing up for a computer game with his own card.
The original plan was to go get a hot fudge sundae afterward, but it was a chilly day and it was getting close to kickoff time, so we stopped at Starbucks instead.
Henry enjoyed his celebratory hot chocolate while we discussed using the power of the library card for good and not evil.
And now I get to start shopping for a wallet for him for his birthday!

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Yea!!!! I know you have been waiting since the day he was born to do this. In a recent post you talked of being more emotional than in the past. Were tears shed?


p.s. The Hawks Rock!!!

W.F. Decker said...

You know the best thing about those first few pictures (in addition to the coolness of his first library card)? Henry is wearing his cap just like his Great Grandpa Fritz! Not firmly seated on his head and kind of cocked to one side. Excellent!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Henry(and Betsy)- were you able to get your whole name on your card? Did you find some good books? love you, Grammie

carrie said...

i must have had some library card telepathy going on this weekend. on sunday, i saw a cute velcro wallet in galena and thought "i wonder if henry has a wallet?"now i'm glad we didn't get it so you can find him the perfect one!