Saturday, February 27, 2010

Play Date

So....Henry had a play date today. He and his friend Gabriel had been talking about playing together, and so we finally had him over. (I wasn't too keen on just sending Henry off to his house, since I've never been there and hadn't met his parents, but his parents didn't seem to mind. We must just exude trustworthiness.) Gabriel was here from 10 to 1PM. It was about 10:30 when he said "I think I have to go home pretty soon." But he actually did very well and was a nice boy. Here they are eating their lunch while Clara tries her best to get a little attention.
For the first half hour that the boys played I cleaned out old paint cups. I was tired of Clara painting her hands every morning. Here's how the sink looked when I was finished, just in case you wondered.
Back to the play date....Gabriel brought along these toys to play with. I'm not certain if one was supposed to be left for Henry, but fortunately he took all 3 back home with him. Also- at one point I asked the boys if they would like a little music while they played with Legos. Gabriel said "How about some Lady GaGa?" I told him we didn't have any Lady GaGa and Henry suggested maybe The Wiggles. Pete ended up playing The Pixies for them, and also Van Halen and Beck. I ended up feeling a little bit unsure about how equipped we're making Henry for dealing with his peers, but mostly I'm feeling glad that he still is who he is and that he can play happily without the need for video games.
All that said, he did bring this picture home from school the other day.
And this one: "taournatoes".
And, I can't quite think of any explanation for this one, other than the influence of his Uncle Will.
I'll end with this cute picture of Clara negotiating a banana.

4 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh my.....boys.....

Sarah said...

Oh, aren't the guns and "fighting" figures so hard to keep boys away from? It seems like once they are in preschool, there's no way to keep them from finding out about and being interested in those things. I love the "butz" picture, and I'm sure it was Uncle Will's influence!

carrie said...

what is that gun shooting at?

amber c. said...

ha, ha. he drew butts. ha.