Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Marni- Close your eyes!

So, knitting friends, I am slowly plodding into the world of dpns. It's scary, but I had the mother of a former kindergarten student holding my hand along the way (her son, my former student, is now almost driving and she is now my knitting teacher). I think I'm going okay now, if I can just keep the stitches on the needles. This is the baby hat from OneSkein- Joyce, did you make this one for Clara? The green hat? So far I have high hopes...but no idea how the size will be by the time I'm finished. Fingers crossed!!!!Here's another project I have going right now....this is my first real project in the round. It's going to be a jumper for Clara if I can ever get it done. Maybe I already shared something about it on here? Right know it's just knit knit knit knit knit knit knit. I need to get the skirt to measure about 12 inches before I get to the tricky part. I'll probably have to sign up for the next round of classes if I ever want to finish.
I also have another project on the sticks and several ideas for future projects....no idea how I'll ever get any of them completed.

1 comment:

Joyce said...

Hooray for you! You go girl! I'm pleased to see you branching out and trying some new things with your knitting. It really shouldn't be scary.....it's just yarn and time. To answer your question...I HAVE made the eyelet baby hat in One Skein Wonders. Can't remember if I made one for Clara or not. If I saw a photo of it I'd know. Hang in there!