Monday, May 31, 2010

Birds and Water

I snapped a couple of pictures of the baby birds before they flew the nest. Here they are acting like my kids at breakfast time.
This was our view from the bathroom window.
Here are the little guys before they got so camera shy that they wouldn't even look at me. They were already starting to hunker down in their nest when I would come by, though.
I didn't get any pictures of the chickadees that were nesting in our bird house. I hope we didn't disturb them too much with my birthday party last weekend. We also have woodpeckers of some type nesting at a house around the corner from us. I'll try to take a picture of that nest soon. It's kind of an interesting story.
Here's a photo of Saturday's excitement. We had a water main break on the corner. That's not spraying water in the picture, it's just the sun rays. But the water was bubbling up from under the asphalt. It was pretty cool to watch the digger tear the street up. Then we were out of water from about 6 PM until 1 AM. I hope those guys made some good overtime!
Yesterday was pretty hot, especially in the sun. I was trying to think of ways to keep the kids cool and entertained in the shade, so we set up some water play.
The kids had a lot of fun, but then got a little off track when Anna and Sebby came over.
Today is wet with rain, which we're happy to have, but it may interfere with the barbecue we're supposed to go to across the street in a bit. We were kind of excited to be invited over to the new(ish) neighbors' house. Now Henry is up from his nap and wants to sample one of the cookies I made for the barbecue, so I'd better go tend to him.

No comments: