Monday, January 08, 2007

Big Baby Belly

I had the honor of attending a baby shower for Darcie and her baby belly this weekend. Torrii hosted the lovely event, with tasty treats created by a mystery (to me) woman named Rose. Here are photos of Darcie opening the blanket I knitted her. My first true project, completed! Many thanks go to Carrie for helping me finish it (those interested in knitting see the last up-close photo). Darcie seemed to like it. I hope Baby does too! The second photo is Darcie holding up a gift from my mom. The little outfit came in a Chinese take-out shaped box. The t-shirt had a fortune (A surprise will appear in my pants) and lucky numbers. The pants were just too cute for words. The third photo is of another friend of Darcie's trying out the wedding-ring-on-a-string-over-the-belly-which-way-will-it-spin gender fortune-telling trick. Does Darcie look convinced? I think the ring did both a back-and-forth and a circle. We just won't know until that baby comes! (Due date January 26th!)









































And now a note for the knitters in the group: The baby blanket is from the Big Bad Baby Blanket pattern in Stitch 'n Bitch. I started over a bajillion times and finally somehow cast on 116 stitches instead of 126, but at that point I was just going with it. I knit it up with just one strand of yarn, not double like the pattern calls for. Don't remember what the yarn is, just know that it's all cotton. Carrie taught me how to drop stitches in order to go back a few rows and fix mistakes. She also helped me knit in the ends. Thanks Carrie! We were working on it up until 1:45. The baby shower started at 2:00. Whew!

2 comments:

amber c. said...

the blanket turned out great! and darcie looks tre cute!

Anonymous said...

Good job Bets. I'm glad you stuck with it. It is lovely.