Friday, January 05, 2007

New Stove!

Two days before Christmas we had a repair guy come out to check on the stove. He determined it was more expensive to repair than to replace. So the home warranty people bought us a new stove! We actually took the cash value and upgraded. The new one was supposed to arrive Wednesday morning, and then they changed it to Wednesday between 3:00 and 5:00. I was a little disappointed that I wouldn't have it for the day of baking that I had planned, but figured I'd still have time to fix dinner on it that night. After a few calls to check on the status of the repair guys, including a call to cancel the delivery so that we could get Henry to bed (that call ended with the lady hanging up on Pete) they finally showed up at 7:35 PM. In the meantime I fixed fish sticks and frozen peas for dinner. But it's here, and it's large and lovely. It is currently sticking out a bit far, but through a few calls to Will it seems that we'll be able to fix that eventually. Check out that fabulous 5.2 cubic foot capacity! Too bad the cookies didn't do the stove justice. I tried a new recipe to alleviate my perpetual flat-cookie problem, but they turned out flatter than ever. Henry still enjoyed them.

No comments: