Friday, January 05, 2007

Quick Story

Henry and I were out today when Pete got home from work. Before we got home Pete took the Christmas tree down and out to the curb. When Henry and I walked into the house all that was left was a plastic bag, which had been laid down to protect the carpet, and a scattering of pine needles. Henry walked over to the spot where the tree had been. He asked "Christmas tree?" I said "yes, the tree is gone". He looked at the spot for a few more moments and then looked up at me again and asked "melted?"

4 comments:

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Oh! That's so sweet! p.s. & that is a stove to pine for! (ho! ho! I didn't mean the joke, actually...)

amber c. said...

that is adorable. i totally dig your new stove. i can't wait until you're using all five burners at once! now, that will be a blog-worthy post!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!

ZG said...

I loved this story about Henry. I recall my daughter at about the smae age watching me pack up the ornaments and saying with a wise and sad little face, "It's leftover Christmas now, isn't it, Mama?" Thanks for sharing your new holiday memory and for helping me relive one of mine.