Thursday, January 18, 2007

Negligence

Lately I've been noticing that some things in my world are not getting the fullest of my attention.

Example A:
When Henry and I went out for some fresh air today I noticed this mysterious, icky-looking mess on our back porch.
And then I found the culprit.
I always knew this stuff was dangerous. We have a few friends who (at least used to) drink Diet Coke, so we had this 2-liter left over after a party. It had just been sitting on the backporch. I kept meaning to take it to school where someone might drink it, but it just kept sitting there on the porch....until it met its demise.
Example 2:
Our poor birds had been famished until Mom came and bought us some new bird seed this weekend. We've already had to refill it once since the weekend...the little feathery guys are ravenous.
Here's Henry playing a little bit of wintery kick-ball.
Example Last:
Henry and I were weighing the pros and cons of trying out our ice skating skills on his pool. Yes...the pool has been there since the summer. Grandmothers everywhere will be pleased to know that we did not get up on the ice.

1 comment:

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Heh! heh! Our negligence went the other way: the beers that had been on the back porch since Xmas & New Year's went skunky from going from cold (at night) to warm (during the day) so often. Boo-hoo!


Ice skating on the baby pool sounds hilarious...! But it's understandable that you'd let sleeping dogs lie.

Speaking of which: Franklin looks like a real sweetie.