Thursday, March 29, 2007

Declarations of Love

Several weeks ago, when Will and Mom were in town, Henry and I sat waiting in the car for everyone else to finish up in the hardware store. We were trying to play I Spy ("Play I Pie Mom!") which wasn't very successful because the parking lot was fairly desolate. When Will, Mom and Pete came out of the hardware store Will was carrying a bag of free popcorn for Henry. I hesitated and then said I wasn't sure he could have it- he hadn't had popcorn before, it's a big choking hazard etc. But I gave in and let him have it. Henry had been listening carefully to the whole exchange and he tried out his popcorn quite thoughtfully. He ate several pieces and then looked up and said "I yuv popcorn!" This was Henry's first spontaneous declaration of love. A few days ago he had another one "I yuv play-doh!"
However, when we were having a good-morning cuddle this morning our conversation went a little more like this:
Me: "You know what? I love you."
Henry: "You know what? I want bepfast!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to ignore a yearning for bepfus!

Scotta Allen said...

Aren't 2 year olds the cutest?!

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

hee! hee! hee! hee! ehee! hee! hee! hee! ...dis won tickewed my tummy!