Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nyaa Nyaa!

Mother Nature is sticking her tongue out at us after that early warm-weather tease. So, while we're stuck inside today (rainy and 49 F.) I'll post a few remaining warm day pics.
Here is the tiniest little plant I ever did see.
I had to sacrifice a few hosta(s?) while digging up my new vegetable garden spot. I just didn't have it in me to try to relocate them (did enough of that last year). I did try to relocate a few daylillies. They are now surrounding Bart who is back in his under-the-shrub spot after a brief winter vacation to the patio. Anyway, the point is that I think maybe that tiny plant is a little baby hosta.
Here's Henry barking at the screen door ("I'm a puppy dog!) Franklin came over to get a few barks in too. Poor Linus may never venture out there again.
Here are the tomatoes and peppers I'm starting. We'll call this the 'before' picture.
Henry and Papa spent some time bird watching in the yard. Henry's learning to identify birds by their songs as well as by sight. We're all learning together, actually. So far Henry can tell the Mourning Dove by it's song and the Red Wing Blackbird by sight.
But now it's cold and icky! Henry seems to be trying to bring a little bit of warmth to the day by talking about birthdays...
Henry: "and Franklin's birthday and the pillow's birthday and the drum's birthday....where are your presents?"
Me: "I don't know! Where are my presents?"
Henry: "Papa's finding them."
Me: "Oh good."

1 comment:

amber c. said...

now that's some tongue talent!