Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Lasagnyum!

Henry and I made some lasagna for dinner.
First step: Lie down on the floor in the middle of the grocery store because you don't want to get in the cart. (I wish someone would push me around the grocery in a cart! I wouldn't lie down on the floor and throw a tantrum to avoid it!) Fortunately, the tantrum was short and I don't think the parents of any former or current students saw us.
So we got the groceries and headed home. I did all the prep work and then Pete brought Henry's table in. Here he is adding the first layer of sauce.
Here is the almost completed lasagna. There was surprisingly minimal mess.
When cooking with a child it helps to have one of these around to help with clean-up:
Here is the finished and very messy over-stuffed lasagna (a few pieces already removed):
Henry wanted to keep his table in the family room/kitchen to eat. I sat with him, Pete chose to sit at the regular-sized table.
Note: Wearing orange and/or stripes is conducive to hiding lasagna stains. I have not yet discovered what is conducive to hiding the mess in the family room.

2 comments:

amber c. said...

patterned carpet? will you push me around in the grocery cart and buy me orange creamsicles?

Mama Tchou-Tchou said...

Ho! Ho! Wasn't lasagna the most wonderful invention, ever? And I share your bafflement over young 'uns not amply appreciating being pushed in shopping carts. What's wrong with kids these days, eh?! heh! heh!