Thursday, March 01, 2007

Okay! Okay!!

Amber posted a comment, so now I can move on with all of the important blogging I have to do... Actually, I don't have much to write about...that's why my blog has been stale.
But here are a couple pictures from our bad-weather weekend. We were supposed to go to Schuba's Saturday night to hear Brett Dennon, but we decided not to risk the weather. Instead we stayed in and had fondue.
I had seen Rachel Ray make a beer and cheese fondue, and it seemed like a perfect snowy night meal. I had to run to the grocery to get some beer and other items. Of course I saw a few people I know from school. Seems like every time I go to the local grocery I'm buying alcohol, and I always see a parent of a student. Just the other night I was there again to buy sherry for a soup recipe...
Here's what it looked like in our backyard. Poor Bart has put up with a lot of weather, but I guess that's the life of a garden gnome.
Next morning we had chocolate chip pancakes. Pete's holding his fancy boyscout "Leader" mug. Henry has his Elmo jammies on. My pancakes are waiting there with the comics. Gotta love Sundays!
And that's about it. Dad and Kathie were just here for a couple nights, but I didn't take any photos, and we didn't do much out-of-the-ordinary. Tonight Henry gets a babysitter and Pete and I are going out to a This American Life live-audience show downtown. It's my Valentine's present. I'm excited! But a little worried about how Henry will be at bedtime...we've been having some separation issues lately that overlap into bedtime. If there's anything interesting to report I'll blog again tomorrow.
Sorry for the boring post...just a little taste of our typical life...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sometimes it feels nice to report a boring day

Anonymous said...

I see Franklin and Linus have a real gate now. Can Henry do it?