Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Happy May Day!

Happy May Day! As no one rang my doorbell and left a May basket on my step, I had to make a bouquet for myself. It's sad, when I started at Greenbriar there was a great tradition where the 2nd grade classes would bring flowers in (from their gardens or the store) and make May baskets then secretly deliver them to all of the classroom doorknobs on May Day. After one teacher retired and another left the district, the tradition hasn't been upheld. Now I teach 2nd grade and every year I mean to bring the tradition back! Sadly, I never remember in time.
So, I don't really have much to post about, but I'm doing it on a new computer. My hard drive crapped out over the weekend. It's very sad. Pete has taken it to a guy at work to see if he can do some magic on it and recover some of my photos and files.
It is exciting to have a brand-new computer again, though! Franklin also likes it.
Here's how I found Henry sleeping the other night when I went to check on him. It wasn't this light in his room, I used a flash. I figured I'd probably wake him when I scooched him back on to the bed anyway. Turns out he didn't awake from the flash or the scooching! (Pete and I had watched Volver that night- highly recommended. )
We had some really nice weather this weekend, so Pete hacked a bunch of buckthorn out of our bushes.
And Henry got a new whiffle bat. He really needs a fat bat, but when Pete ran to Walgreen's this was all they had. He now has a jimmied-up whiffle bat tee, made out of the birdbath base and an upside-down tupperware cup. He loves it. Maybe I'll get a video of that soon.
Okay...I've got some beef short ribs in the oven and some Gilmore Girls to watch tonight. Hope this tides you over for a while Amber!
Also....a happy happy birthdays to two May Day Gentlemen...
Brent

and Uncle Jim.

3 comments:

joyceetta said...

Sorry about the hard drive. What a girl has to do to get a new laptop! Show us your new socks!!! OMG...the Jim photo is great. I wish he had a computer so I could forward the blog entry to him. Happy B'day indeed!

Scotta Allen said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I've wanted a MacBook forever (atleast 6 months!).

amber c. said...

love it! i have fond childhood memories of may day baskets on our stoop!