Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What I'm Reading....

For the types who care, here is what I've been reading so far this year, in reverse chronological order:
Currently: Pride and Prejudice. Always wanted to read it. I don't have this version, but I did see the movie a few years back and it's hard to read it without picturing Kiera Knightly in my head. Quite enjoying it so far! Before that: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. It was a birthday gift and I liked it a lot. Had those elements of historical fiction which I enjoy. A quick read too.
Before that: The Stolen Child. Odd book. Highly recommended to people like my brother Rob. I think I found it recommended in a list online. Something like 'if you liked Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrel, you'll like this'. I didn't much care for Jonathan Strange, but I do enjoy the genre, so I took a gamble.
Before that: Ten Days in the Hills. Supposed to be really racy. It did have a lot of sex, but wasn't that big of a deal, I didn't think. An odd book. Just lots of conversations and people sharing stories....and occasional sex.
And of course, before that: Anna Karenina, about which I wrote before.

And of course, I started out the year re-reading books 1 through 6 of Harry Potter. Truly, all of my other reading is just something to do until book 7 comes out...in just 31 more days!!! I'm thinking maybe I can finish up Pride and Prejudice and still have time to read The Half-Blood Prince one more time before The Deathly Hallows comes out.

No comments: