Thursday, June 07, 2007

Last Weekend

There are so many things on my to-do list that I can't even seem to start. So I'll do a quick blog.
If you saw Rob and Carrie's blog you saw some photos from the baby shower we had for Carrie. We're awaiting baby news almost any day now! This photo perplexes me. I swear I'm not that short! I tend to slouch and I wasn't wearing my shoes (which matched Sandy's and almost matched Carrie's- in case you're interested in that sort of thing).
Sometime towards the end of the shower (approx. 20 min. before scheduled end- but who's keeping track?) some of the boys of the family drove up and started unloading the second pinball machine of the day. No serious injuries were reported.
Dinner that night was at Pagliai's. We only took up three booths.
On Sunday we had to leave a little early so we could get back to Chicagoland (Oak Park, specifically) for an outdoor festival in which Pete was playing. We brought Mom back with us and she made sure we got plenty of butter-laden grilled corn.
That is Pete's band playing in the background- and Henry busting a move in the foreground.
After their quick set, Henry played roadie. The timing was pretty good. We got out of there right before the skies opened up. It surely is spring/almost summer in the midwest. We drove through some tornadic weather on the way to IA, through rain and wind on the way back. And now we're dealing with 90 F. temps and winds threatening to gain in speed up to 75+ mph.

2 comments:

Carrie and Rob said...

Oh Boy! Who's that awesome uncle?!

Anonymous said...

would 75+ mph winds qualify as a "gustnado", perhaps?